Friday 5 June 2009

Flights to Phuket Thailand


Getting there

Flights operate several times a week to Suvamabhumi [Su-wan-i-pum].

I chose ThaiAirways and found them to be extremely efficent.

Prices range from £500 to £600 for return flights.

Check in was perhaps the fastest I have come accross in my many travels abroad.

The staff were very helpful both in England and Thailand.

In-flight services were extremely good and included complimentary drinks (Alcoholic and soft), in-flight meals were good quality with varied choices.

In-flight entertainment included a pool table (only joking), movies not yet released in the UK cinemas and various music channels.

The guy I was sitting next to on my last flight there, was 6' 3" tall and did not stuggle for leg room and I found the seats good enough to sleep in.

On arrival at Suvamabhumi Airport I was impressed with the architecture of the building. SMOKERS - There are smoking rooms within 100 metres of disembarkation (next to the travelators).

Customs advice - Check your allowances, although it may be tempting to bring back lots of duty free the allowances are very limited (example 200 cigarettes etc).

PS - It may be advisable before booking your flights to consider a couple of days in Bankok to break up the travel journey. Please see my blog "Stop-over Bankok"

Good luck - Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment